What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana all about ?
Short Description – Under PMUY Scheme The government of India is aiming to provide a in total of 5 crore LPG Connection to each women and house Holding belongs to BPL (Below Poverty Line) .
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is a new welfare and ambitious scheme launched by PM Nr Narendra Modi on 1st of May at Ballia (located in Utterpradesh). Under Pm Ujjwala Yojna Government aims to provides an LPG Cylinder connection to every house that comes under BPL( Below Poverty line). The main purpose of this scheme is to replace the unhealthy , unclean cooking source mostly used in Rural Area with new LPG Gas connection.
Photo During announcement of Ujjwala Scheme From Ballia (Utter Pradesh)
All India Toll Free Number – By Government
Main Objective and Perspective of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana ( PMYU)
In- short it is all about making women strong both physically and mentally . As according to this scheme Government of India provides a LPG connection to each and every women house holder that comes under certified Poverty Line . (Below Poverty Line)
After derivation theses are the following perspective and objectives that comes under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana –
- Empowering women both physically and mentally and improving their poor health.
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel and decreasing Death rate.
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel (by accidental or because of serious diseases).
- Preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel . As mostly in villages small and young kids roam around their mother all the day even no matter if their mom is cooking.
- Finally Again , its a social and welfare scheme which in future will help in making India more Developed and Strong .
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – Approved
This scheme is only beneficial for those who comes under Poverty Line ( Those households who are having a yellow card / BPL Card)
However The identification of eligible BPL families (if the family really belong to BPL or Not ) will be made on the basis of SECC-2011 data. However below is the basic eligibility criteria for the scheme.
- The applicant’s name should be in the list of SECC-2011 data.
- The applicant should be a women above the age of 18 years.
- The women applicant should belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- The women applicant should have a saving bank account in any nationalized bank across the country.
- The applicant’s household should not already own a LPG connection in anyone’s name.
How To Apply For Pradahn Mantri Ujjwala Yojana –
You need to check if you are capable of filling PMUY scheme Application form by checking the above details –
The eligible women candidates only from BPL families can apply for the scheme by filling up the Ujjwala Yojana KYC application form (in prescribed format).
- The interested candidates require to fill the 2 page application form and attach required documents along with the form.
- The basic details such as Name, Contact details, Jan Dhan / Bank account number, Aadhar card number etc are required to fill in the application form.
- Applicants also need to mention their requirement of cylinder type i.e. 14.2KG or 5KG.
- KYC Application forms for Ujjwala Yojana can also be downloaded online and submitted to nearest LPG outlet along with required documents.
Complete List of Required Documents for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana –
Below is the list of mandatory (must have documents ) documents to be attached along with the filled application form.
- BPL Certificate Authorized by Panchayat Pradhan / Municipality Chairman
- BPL Ration Card
- One Photo ID (Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card)
- One Recent Passport Size Photograph
Budget and Funding Released for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana –
- The government has already allocated Rs. 2000 crore for the Ujjwala Yojana implementation for the financial year 2016-17.
- Government will distribute LPG connections to about 1.5 Crore BPL families within the current financial year.
- A total budgetary allocation of Rs. 8000 Crore has been made by the government of India for the implementation of the scheme over three years.
- The scheme will be implemented using the money saved in LPG subsidy through the “Give-it-Up” campaign.
- Government is also going to provide EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill.
- PMUY scheme provides a financial support of Rs. 1600 for each LPG connection to the eligible BPL households.
Current State Statistics for LPG Distribution in India –
24 Crore households – that made up a complete India out of which about 10 Crore households are in lack of LPG as cooking fuel and have to rely on unhealthy way – firewood, coal, dung – cakes etc. as primary source of cooking.
Quick Details About Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
|Scheme Name||Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana|
|Launch Date||01 May 2016|
|Main objective||Provide LPG connections to women from BPL households|
|Other objectives||Reduce health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of unclean fossil fuels|
|Target||Distribution of LPG connections among 5 Crore BPL households by the year 2018-19|
|Time Frame||3 Years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19|
|Total Budget||Rs. 8000 Crore|
|Financial Assistance||Rs. 1600/- per LPG connection|
|Eligibility||BPL candidates available in SECC-2011 data|
|Other benefits||EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill|
Link to Download SECC-2011 Data: http://188.8.131.52/netnrega/secc_list.aspx
State Wise Launching Dates of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
|1||Uttar Pradesh (UP)||1 May 2016|
|2||Rajasthan||15 May 2016|
|3||Gujarat||15 May 2016|
|4||Uttarakhand||9 June 2016|
|5||Odisha||20 June 2016|
|6||Bihar||28 June 2016|
|7||Madhya Pradesh (MP)||4 July 2016|
Advertisement Banner by Pm for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
For more updated and Confirmed details stay Connected