Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana – Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana –
these are the following information have come under light..
- Eligibility criteria for the Ujjwala Yojana (Free LPG Cylinder Scheme for BPL Women) is defined by the scheme guidelines.
- The state government and Union territories will help identify the eligible BPL woman beneficiaries for the scheme.
- The eligibility of the candidates for the Ujjwala Yojana will be verified and confirmed by matching the applicants data with SECC-2011 database for rural India.
- Eligibility criteria for BPL households in urban India will be defined on some other parameters too .
Below is the basic criteria of selection of BPL families for free LPG connection distribution.
Eligibility criteria for BPL families selection –
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of India and above the age of 18 years.
- The applicant should be a women belonging to the BPL household.
- The household of applicant should not already own a LPG connection in anyone’s name in the household.
- Monthly household income of the BPL family should not exceed a certain level as defined by the state governments and union territories.
- The applicant’s data should match with the BPL data with Oil Marketing Companies as per the SECC-2011 (Rural) database.
- The applicant should not have availed similar benefits in any other Government scheme.