Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Punjab
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is an ambitious social welfare scheme of prime minister Narendra Modi Government and first launched in Ballia on 1st May 2016 in Uttar Pradesh.
Under this scheme, Punjab government provide a free gas stove for below poverty line(BPL) Families and also provide a free gas connection in the state.
What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
In this modern age, many women across the country still continue to face the adverse health effect by inhaling smoke emitted from burning firewood. Many families of Punjab from Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) were facing the health hazards until now as they had to cook food on traditional challahs. Government took very good initiative and provide them smoke-free and healthy environment with the help of free gas stove and LPG gas connection in the state
The state Government of Punjab has launched Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in Barnala district, Punjab in association with Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas.This scheme provides a positive impact on the lives of women from BPL families in a major way by reducing the drudgery of cooking with polluting fuels and go a long way in reducing indoor pollution and other health related problems being faced by women in the state. In this scheme, the government will distribute 21,912 free LPG connections to the women of poor families of Barnala district.
Objectives of PradhanMantriUjjwalaYojana
- The main objective of this scheme is to provide a smoke-free and healthy environment to the women across the nation. In this modern age, many women across the country still continue to face the adverse health effect by inhaling smoke emitted from burning firewood.
- Empowering women and protecting their health
- Reducing the serious health hazards associated with cooking based on fossil fuel
- Reducing the number of deaths in India due to unclean cooking fuel
- Preventing young children from significant number of acute respiratory illnesses caused due to indoor air pollution by burning the fossil fuel
Benefits of PradhanMantriUjjwalaYojana in Punjab:
- Punjab government provide free gas stove for below poverty line(BPL) Families and also provide free gas connection in the state
- Benefits of smoke-free and healthy environment during cooking for women from BPL families
Eligibility for PradhanMantriUjjwalaYojana in Punjab:
- Resident of Punjab state
- Belongs to below poverty line (BPL)
- Blue card holder
Documents required for PradhanMantriUjjwalaYojana in Punjab:
- Aadhaar card
- BPL card
- Bank account details
- Blue ration card
- Passport size photos
How to apply for PradhanMantriUjjwalaYojana in Punjab:
- Visit regional collector office in Punjab
- Visit gram panchayat in retaliated Taluka/district
References & Details:
For more details about Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana visit: http://punjab.gov.in/
Tags: How to apply for PM Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Punjab, Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana, Punjab PM Ujjwala Yojana, Punjab PMUY, Punjab Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana