Ujjwala Yojana Uttarakhand – 5 KG Gas Cylinder At Rs. 328 With Rs. 140 Subsidy

November 5, 2018 | By ujjwala yojana | Filed in: News, Ujjwala Yojana.

Ujjwala Yojana Uttarakhand – In Uttarakhand, the Central Government has come up with a good news for the 2.82 Lakh poor people of the state.  The Central Government has started subsidy on 5 Kg Cylinders under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Now, the government will provide Rs. 140 Subsidy on 5 KG Gas Cylinders in Uttarakhand. 

Ujjwala Yojana Uttarakhand

Now, the women beneficiaries of the state who got Gas Connection under Ujjwala Yojana do not need to buy 14 Kg Gas Cylinder. Instead of this, they can get 5 KG Gas Cylinder on which the government will provide a subsidy of RS. 140.

Objective

There are a total number of 82,000 poor women in the state who have an Ujjwala Yojana Connection. Out of these women beneficiaries, only 20% are refilling their Gas Cylinders after taking Gas Connection. The rest 80% women beneficiaries are unable to refill their Gas Cylinders due to high rates of Gas Cylinders and other financial problems. In such case, the existence of Ujjwala Yojana was in crisis as the main motive of launching this scheme was to provide Gas Connection to poor women of the country but now women are unable to avail the benefits. Therefore, to get rid of this problem, the government decided to provide 5 Kg Gas Cylinders along with 140 Rupees Subsidy.

5 KG Gas Cylinder At Rs. 328 With Rs. 140 Subsidy

The Oil companies have decided that under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, 5 KG Small Cylinders will be given to the poor and eligible beneficiaries of the state so that all the connections holders can buy it. The cylinders will be refilled in 328 rupees and the subsidy of 140 rupees will be credited in their account.

PMUY Trend Was Decreasing with Increasing Gas Cylinder Price

Due to the increasing prices of Gas Cylinders, the trend of buying 14 KG Gas Cylinder in poor families was decreasing. Chaman Lal, president of LPG Distributor Welfare Association, says that it was difficult for the poor to buy 14 Kg Gas cylinders due to the rising prices of the gas. Now the trend will definitely increase.

Cost Of 14 Kg Gas Cylinder

At present, the cost of 14 kg gas cylinders is 954 rupees. There is also a subsidy of 447 rupees.

District Wise Ujjwala Yojana Beneficiaries Number in Uttarakhand

District                                                    Number Of Beneficiaries

Uttarkashi                                                                  9,350

Dehradun                                                                33,700

Almoda                                                                   12,800

Bageshwar                                                               6,440

Chamoli                                                                   5,000

Champavat                                                              4,440

Paudi                                                                       8,350

Haridwar                                                                78,900

Nainital                                                                  20,500

Pithauuragarh                                                       11,250

Rudraprayag                                                           2,670

Tihari                                                                     14,700

Udhamsingh Nagar                                               44,800

Highlights

Under the Ujjwala Yojana Uttarakhand, the government will deliver 5 kg Gas cylinders in the state. The cylinders will be refilled in 328 rupees and the subsidy of 140 rupees will be credited in the account of the beneficiaries. With this new arrangement, it will be easy to transport gas to mountainous areas.


Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.